Sunday, March 29, 2009

Power & Fashion

This weekend I went to NY to visit my friend and of course during the trip we made some time to shop around uptown. We visited Bergdorf's and Barney's and just walking through those stores can make you think you have nothing. There are so many beautiful purses, clothes and shoes by every high end designer you can think of. I appreciate the beauty and craftmanship of these pieces, especially this gorgeous black ruffle bag by Prada.

Photobucket

Unfortunately, the price tag is a little high. The good news is that I have a ruffle bag of my very own, I bought it 2 years ago at Target for $8 and I love it. It is unique and pretty, just like the Prada, but a much better price. And while the Target bag is I'm sure a lower quality, the money I saved can go towards much more important things. Fashion is fun and can make you feel so powerful and privledged, but when it comes down to it, it matters very little. And I kinda feel powerful in a different way knowing that I've been able to rise above the temptation of materalism and realize what's more important.


No comments: